The Honey Badger
by Joy Monger
I found this awesome cocktail on a cute blog designlovefest.com called The Honey Badger. Which is named in honor of this funny youtube video that went viral a little while back.
Anyhoo, the cocktail sounded delish so I decided to bring it as part of my contribution to Christmas day celebrations.
We had it at brunch. It sounded safe. But then my family all got drunk over their french toast and we had to take naps afterwards.
The honey badger is one crazy ass cocktail.
And later my mom kept asking for some of that nice Honey Beaver or Honey Bastard and we all giggled.
You should make some and then watch the youtube video.
what you’ll need:
– 1 orange sliced into wedges
– 1 bottle of champagne (doesn’t even have to be the good stuff)
– 1 oz of st. germain (if you don’t have this in your liquor cabinet, or on your fancy bar cart – get it- immediately!!)
– 1 oz of honey syrup : so here’s the thing. honey syrup sounds very fancy. it’s not. you do have to make it, but it’s really easy and it will most definitely get you respect amongst your peers once you have it in your arsenal.
– i encourage you to tell people that you make your own honey syrup, offer it up to them to put in their ice tea or just find a way to sneak it into conversation, like, “did you watch the bachelorette last night? is that honey syrup?”
what to do:
– first you need to make the aforementioned honey syrup.
– heat 1 cup honey and 1 cup water in a pan, stirring until it simmers then remove from heat. once cooled you can pour it into a cute jam jar or glass bottle and store in the fridge.
– add 1 oz of the cooled honey syrup to your favorite cocktail glass
– also add the st. germain
– squeeze one of the orange wedges into the mixture and plop the wedge into the glass
– top off the glass with champagne, give it a quick stir and you’re all set.